Wednesday 20 January 2016

David Bowie 1947 – 2016



After battling cancer for 18 months, David Bowie died on January 10th. His 25th studio album 'Blackstar' was released on his 69th birthday on January 8th, when I uploaded his poignant new single 'Lazarus' to my YouTube channel:-

'I've got drama
Can't be stolen
Everybody knows me now
Oh, I'll be free
Just like that bluebird
Oh, I'll be free
Ain't that just like me?'

I first saw Bowie perform at Glastonbury in 1971. The photo (left) captures Bowie and Mick Ronson at Aberdeen's Music Hall in 1973 © forviemedia. My favourite tracks are 'Wild is the Wind'; 'Heroes'; 'Scary Monsters'. 

Major Tim Peake @astro_timpeake, 11th January 2016 on Twitter. 'Saddened to hear David Bowie has lost his battle – his music was an inspiration to many.'

http://www.theguardian.com/music/live/2016/jan/11/david-bowie-dies-of-cancer-aged-69-reports

No comments:

Post a Comment